In this age of social media, the presence on a majority of social networks is imperative. And with an increase in your presence throughout the web, a need to manage all the networks efficiently and effectively arises. There are a lot of tools available to keep all these networks at one place and monitor them simultaneously. The two most popular tools that are used nowadays are TweetDeck and Hootsuite. But which one to go for? Presenting the Hootsuite vs Tweetdeck battle !Let us go on a tour of what are the areas in which one excel over the another.
Why you should go for Tweetdeck?
- Interface - If you would like to monitor all the networks in a single window rather than different tabs (Hootsuite), you should go for Tweetdeck. This is a desktop application which will fulfill your basic needs.
- URL shortener - Adding an update with a URL is much easier in TweetDeck, which automatically shortens any URL you type in the box. When doing the same thing in HootSuite, you have to input your URL into a separate field in order to shorten them.
- Unlike Hootsuite, Tweetdeck gives you an option to choose between different URL shorteners. On the other hand, Hootsuite has just one option (its own URL shortener ow.ly)
- Photo Uploads - Tweetdeck excels over Hootsuite as it allows you to upload pictures to any of the top 3 Twitter photo services. it automatically integrates your uploads with your desired photo service.
Why you should go for Hootsuite?
- Scheduled Updates - Hootsuite offers you an option to schedule updates. This is a very powerful feature available in Hootsuite. Though a similar option is available in its counterpart too, but for that you need to make Tweetdeck account. This functionality of Hootsuite is much more sophisticated. You can schedule your updates in bulk, receive updates once the update is sent, and you can schedule an update for more social media networks.
- Speed - Tweetdeck is a desktop client which eats up a lot of your resources (Adobe Air based). Hootsuite is much more fast compared to its competitor. Apart from this, the notifications doesn't keep popping up every now and then as compared to Tweetdeck.
- Analytics - The option to integrate it to Google Analytics in order to analyze the site traffic and statistics makes it a preferred choice to Tweetdeck.
- Social Networks - Using Hootsuite, you can also create different tabs for your different FB fan pages and update through them as well.
- Team Members - You can actually add team members for certain profiles and every information will be synchronized throughout. It is an awesome feature to be used for an organization's fan page etc.
Clearly, Hootsuite scores over Tweetdeck in most of the areas. Still it depends a lot on your preferences which tool you would want to use. But if you are looking for a more exhaustive and sophisticated tool, then Hootsuite is clearly the obvious choice. And the winner of Hootsuite vs Tweetdeck battle is Hoot Hoot Hootsuite !This blog post is brought to you by Inbound Mantra - a Data Driven Inbound Marketing Agency.