If the Social Media Marketing Services timeline of Hotels on Social Media is dominated by promotions only, such that it looks like a list of classifieds, it is time to Change the Game - Big Time. It begins with Understanding why your Community is on Social Media?
- Book two nights, get the third night free
- Weekends Special Tariff for Aliens at the Neptune Milky Way Resort
- Fantastic Beach Resort Offer – 6 Nights / 7 Days at 70% Discount
- Enjoy Comfortable Business Hotel Stay starting at Rock Bottom Prices
Does all of this sound familiar? One expects to find such promotional messages in newspapers, TV, Radio, Outdoor Billboards, through SMS and also through pesky outbound callers. But, if such messages are being broadcast by your Hotel’s Social Media Marketing Services Channels - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others - the game is almost over. Hotels on Social Media, please note that Social Media Channels are the last places to indulge in promotion. But, if your hotel is committing this unpardonable offence, it is time to ask the MOOT question?
Why is your Hotel Community on Social Media?
Ordinary folks who are prolific on Social Media are already sick and tired of traditional promotions and advertisements. They are on Social Media for the following reasons:-
- To Engage with Influencers and Thought Leaders
- To Make their Voice Count
- To access cutting-edge insights and useful information
- To get personalised attention (sometimes they like to be pampered)
Armed with the above insights, Hotels on Social Media can tweak their social media marketing services to provide really useful information to its information hungry community. The insights could range from special local happenings to the regular Wednesday Jazz musicals in the city park. The possibilities are endless. It will take effort and importantly a change in mind-sets.Views from Hoteliers and Hotel Visitors are welcome!This blog post is brought to you by Inbound Mantra - a Data Driven Inbound Marketing Agency.